Friday, 12th May 2017
Are you going away on holiday this Summer? Are you confident enough to bare all? If you answered no, then the time to work on your beach body is now!
It’s time to shape up and get motivated to exercise. But where do you start? Here we’ve compiled our top 5 tips on how to get your Summer body ready:
1. Cut out processed foods and starchy carbs: this includes pasta, bread, bagels, crisps and any ready-made meals you may be tempted to pick up in a rush, instead snack on nuts, eat plenty of vegetables and fruit, replace pasta with brown rice and eat lots of protein such as chicken and eggs!
2. Drink plenty of water: it’s recommended to drink up to around 2 litres of water per day; this helps your body to flush out any toxins and will increase your focus and concentration throughout the day. Tip: Remember to always drink extra water if you’re working out, as it is essential to replace the fluids you lose from sweating through your workout. Maintaining good hydration also supports healthy weight loss.
3. Set yourself a target: whether you’re looking to lose weight, tone up or simply improve your lifestyle, it’s always easier to achieve what you set out to do if you have a clear goal. Make sure you write this target down somewhere you’re likely to see it on a daily basis, just to give you that extra reminder and motivation.
4. Get in to a routine: choose days and times throughout the week when you’re available to exercise. Once you’re in the routine of going on these days, you’ll soon develop a routine and it will become normality within your already existent routine.
5. Keep moving: most of your fat loss will come by way of your diet, but the rest comes from physical activity. Exercises such as the below will help with stubborn areas such as:
Did you know, we have over 100 weekly fitness classes taking place across our centres? Take a look to see which classes could help you to achieve your goals.