Top 10 foods to feast on to help you slim down this Summer
Wednesday, 24th May 2017
Summer is fast approaching and it’s around this time of the year we suddenly find ourselves saying: “oh no! I’m not ready to bare all on a hot Summer’s day! I wish I had started my diet and exercise routine sooner.”
Sound familiar? We’re all guilty of it and it’s often because we use the excuse “I’ll start tomorrow” a little too often. But if you start to make some slight changes to your diet and exercise routine now, you will be able to achieve your goals and feel fabulous, just in time for Summer!
Incorporate these top 10 foods into your diet to help speed up your metabolism, give you energy and help to supress your cravings for unhealthy foods.
- Green Tea - It’s great for boosting your metabolism and helps to supress your appetite whilst also hydrating your body.
- Oats – The prebiotics in oats feed the good bacteria already living in your body.
- Apples – One of the highest in Pectin, a soluble fibre that helps you to feel full and satisfied.
- Eggs – High protein breakfasts that include eggs have been commonly known to help aid weight loss.
- Fish – Healthy protein, especially Salmon, Tuna and Sardines, are great to include within your diet. They are full of vitamins and minerals to help keep your heart healthy. They should be included within your diet at least twice a week.
- Berries – The antioxidant Anthocyanin found in berries can alter gene activity in fat cells, which makes it harder to gain weight. Blueberries are commonly known as the king of antioxidant foods.
- Popcorn – Low in calories and a great substitute for salty and greasy crisps.
- Grapefruit – A powerhouse for heart healthy, Grapefruit contains Vitamin C, Folic Acid, Potassium and Pectin. A soluble fibre that may be a strong ally against Atherosclerosis.
- Spinach – Rich in Iron, Folic Acid and Vitamin K. Spinach contains disease-fighting antioxidants, Beta-carotene and Vitamin C.
- Avocados – Fight fat with fat. Avocados are high in saturated fatty acids, which can help diminish belly fat.
Need some more advice on how to improve your diet/exercise routine? Speak to one of our Personal Trainers during your next visit to Pendle Wavelengths, West Craven Sports Centre, Pendle Leisure Centre or Seedhill Athletics & Fitness Centre.