Water Safety For Adults
Water safety is very important, always advise your children to
- Never swim alone
- Do not swim at all if you have been drinking or if you have taken medication that alters your medical status
- Check the water temperature before swimming. Cold water can tax the body and make it difficult to swim well
- If you have a swimming pool ensure there is a fence around it. It is not always about protecting yourself
- Learn cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR). You never know when you may need to use it.
- Exercise to build up your muscles and endurance in the water.Visit our Swimming section
- Before swimming consult your doctor to find out how much exercise you should do and if water exercise is appropriate.
- Teach your children the above mentioned rules.
Book your child on to swimming and water safety lessons