STA terms and conditions
Learn to Swim with Pendle Leisure Trust
Welcome to Pendle Leisure Trust’s Learn to Swim programme. Our pledge is to provide safe, quality swimming lessons to all Learn to Swim Pupils, using qualified Swimming Teachers at all times. In order to ensure the safety of all and ensure that all pupils are given the best chance to learn, pupils and guardians must agree and adhere to our Terms & Conditions and Code of Conduct, detailed here:
Terms & Conditions
- Full payment is required with the enrolment/re-enrolment; a place cannot be confirmed unless payment has been made.
- Payments can be made by card, direct debit, cash or online payment.
- Places are allocated on a first come first served basis. Demand can be high so prompt registration is advised.
- All parents, guardians and swimmers must agree and adhere to Pendle Leisure Trust’s Learn to Swim programme’s Terms & Conditions and Code of Conduct.
- All reserved lessons are payable in full and are non-refundable, unless for any reason outlined in these terms and conditions
- All requests to cancel Learn to Swim direct debits must be made in writing with supporting medical evidence if relevant.
- Cancellation requests must be made with 30 days’ notice, allowing the Trust time to cancel direct debit mandates and re-sell the space.
- The Trust reserves the right to change or cancel a course at any time. Arrangements will be made to reschedule where possible, if not refunds will be payable.
- Missed classes cannot be refunded or carried over to following courses, unless there has been prior arrangement with the Swimming Lesson Co-ordinator or Site Manager who will organise on a case by case basis.
- If you have issues you would like to raise in relation to your child's lessons please contact the Swimming Lesson Co-ordinator via email@example.com
- Holidays – All holidays are payable in full with the exception of the summer break where two weeks may be taken without charge.
- When you sign our Terms & Conditions, you take responsibility for the fact that, should you answer ‘yes’ regarding any medical conditions you or your child might have, you’ve checked things out with your doctor before starting with us. This responsibility is passed on to any other parent or carer who might bring your child swimming.
- Medical conditions must be disclosed to Pendle Leisure Trust’s Learn to Swim programme regarding the health of you, your child or those who you have placed your child in care with for the purpose of attending swimming sessions. All information received is treated in confidence and with sensitivity.
- If your child has a heavy cold, sinusitis or an ear infection we recommend they do not swim. Refunds are not given for missed lessons due to sickness.
- Following on from sickness we request your child be clear of any symptoms for 48 hours prior to attendance at class.
- If a swimmer has broken a limb, requires an operation or has been given a medical reason why they cannot attend the remaining lessons, then refunds will be considered on a case by case basis. This is subject to a doctor’s note being received. Please note this cannot be back dated and will only be considered from the point at which the centre was informed (in writing).
- Swimmers already having lessons with Pendle Leisure Trust’s Learn to Swim programme will have priority on places provided they re-book and pay on time. If we do not receive your payment by the due date, then your child's place may be allocated to another person.
- If you are prepaying for lessons and do not top up payment before the last lesson then your place may be given to another swimmer.
- If you have a change request, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org - we will then get back to you with possible spaces once all re-enrolments are in, you will also have access via the Homeportal to swap session times.
- All places are booked on a first come, first served basis. Pendle Leisure Trust will endeavour to be flexible in its allocation of time slots. However, it may not always be possible to book or re-book your child's first choice.
- All Instructors are qualified, insured and experienced Swimming Teachers and hold the relevant Swim England / STA certificate(s).
- As some physical contact with your child is unavoidable all staff adhere to Child Protection Procedures and are DBS (CRB) checked.
- Pendle Leisure Trust reserves the right to replace advertised coaches or programmes where unavoidable.
- If an instructor is unwell or cannot attend a session, we will endeavour to provide a cover teacher.
- Pool closures happen on rare occasions, making it necessary to cancel lessons. Where possible we will make take every opportunity to contact you prior to your lesson
- If the pool is closed due to a fault on our part that is within our control or on the pool’s part, such as pool plant failure, water heating, chemical or quality problems, then a deduction of the cost of 1 lesson from your next enrolment or direct debit collection will be offered.
- You will be entitled to 1 parking permit to allow you to park in the centre car park. This must be returned when your child stops attending swimming lessons.
- Parents/guardians are responsible for their children at all times in the changing area and entrance area. They should always be under the direct supervision of an adult who is not taking part in the lesson and never be left unattended. Children running on wet surfaces can very easily slip and hurt themselves.
- Parents should remain in the pool building when their children is/are swimming.
- In the absence of any proven negligence, lack of due diligence or breach of duty by the instructor(s), Pendle Leisure Trust, the participation of you, your spouse/partner, child or those in whose care you have placed your child for the purpose of attending or observing the swim sessions is done so entirely at your and their own risk.
- Responsibility for all applications of swimming practised outside of the swimming lessons both now and in the future is borne by you and not Pendle Leisure Trust
- Please note that due to child protection regulations photography (including camera phones) and video filming are NOT permitted during swimming lessons.
Pendle leisure Trust Learn to Swim Programme Code of Conduct
- Swimmers should not eat for at least 1 hour prior to swimming.
- Please arrive for the teaching session on time.
- As a general rule of thumb, do not enter the pool area prior to your lesson start time. Whilst you are waiting for your class, please keep poolside noise down to a minimum so that all lessons can take place in a calm and peaceful atmosphere.
- Only enter the pool (water) once your instructor has invited you to do so.
- Listen to what your instructor tells you. If you don’t understand, please ask.
- The following action is seen as disorderly behaviour: running, diving, jumping, ducking, fighting, bombing, shouting and throwing items. If you are warned and behaviour persists you will be asked to leave.
- Swimming goggles, including those with ophthalmic prescription lenses, may be worn at the wearers own risk.
- To avoid injury, the wearing of spectacles in the water by a swimmer during a session is not recommended. Care of spectacles is the responsibility of the parent/guardian.
- Jewellery can be a hazard and should not be worn during swimming, including earrings.
- Appropriate swimwear should be worn at all times in the swimming pool and communal changing areas.
- During lessons parents/guardians must not interrupt or communicate with the teacher, distract the pupils or approach the poolside, unless it is a matter of health and safety, as you may endanger the safety of the pupils and other pool users.
- Please ensure long hair is tied up.
- In the event of any emergency the person in charge will follow the pool's Emergency Action Plan (EAP).
- All swimmers and spectators will immediately stop what they are doing and wait quietly for further instructions.
- Should it be necessary to clear the pool, when the instruction is given, all swimmers will move to the sides of the pool, leave the water and stand back from the side.
- Should it be necessary to evacuate the building no attempt should be made to recover possessions from the changing rooms or anywhere else within the building.
In the interests of hygiene
- All swimmers must shower and go to the toilet before they enter the water as this helps to keep the pool clean and maximises their learning time.
- Do not take any food or drink into the changing rooms.
From time to time Pendle Leisure Trust may update these terms by sending you either an updated version or notification of minor changes. You are free to not accept these changes but we would ask you to notify us in writing of your non-acceptance within 14 days of your receipt, failing which we will be entitled to treat our agreement with you as being subject to the updated version.
Updates to these terms and conditions can be found at www.pendleleisuretrust.co.uk
Should you require any further information or advice please do not hesitate to contact Christine Britton
t: 01282 661717 or email email@example.com