NPLQ Pool Lifeguard
Level 2 Award in Pool Lifeguarding (QCF)
5 Day Course
This qualification is designed for those wishing to develop the skills and knowledge necessary to become a qualified pool lifeguard.
The areas covered by this qualification include:
- Preparation of a swimming pool environment
- Health and safety in a swimming pool environment
- Responding to pool emergencies and emergency situations
Learners wishing to acquire this qualification will need to meet the entry requirements detailed below. The content and assessment of the Level 2 Award in Pool Lifeguarding have been written in accordance with regulations and guidelines issued by the Health & Safety Executive and OFQUAL.
This qualification is only valid for 2 years and learners will need to retake the qualification within this time in order to remain a qualified pool lifeguard.
New candidates must meet the following criteria:
- MUST be at least 16 years of age prior to assessment
- Complete a minimum of 36 hours of theory and practical training prior to the assessment
- Complete exercises in the Lifeguard Manual
- Be able to meet the following basic fitness criteria:-
- Jump/dive into deep water
- Swim 50 metres in no more than 60 seconds
- Swim 100 metres continuously on front and back
- In deep water, tread water for 30 seconds
- Surface dive to the floor of the pool
- Climb out unaided without ladder/steps or where the pool design permits
If you are interested in this qualification
Get in touch with our team or call us on 01282 661341