Mindful Monday: Improve Your Well-being
Monday, 21st September 2020
Now more than ever, it’s important for us to take care of our physical and mental health and well-being.
This week is the Great British Week of Sport and today it’s Mindful Monday; which got us thinking of the little things we can do to improve our well-being and enhance our lives.
- Exercise is not only important to keep our bodies in good shape, but it’s also an excellent mood booster. There are so many different ways we can exercise, from running and swimming to hitting the gym or going to fitness classes. Exercise is a great way to reduce stress, socialise and get fit – perfect for improving our well-being.
- Healthy eating is an easy way to help us feel better… and an easy thing to ignore when we’re feeling down or stressed. With fast food and unhealthy snacks more accessible than ever (and cheap) it’s not hard to see why we’re all guilty of treating ourselves a little too often. Make sure you eat a well-balanced diet with plenty of fruit and veg and you’re sure to see and feel the effects (don’t worry, you can still have the occasional chocolate treat).
- If you’re struggling to fit exercise into your day, why not create a training programme? Even if it’s just a 20 minute home workout, you’ll find creating a regular programme will help you add workouts to your week and you’ll soon get into the routine.
- Meditation can be a great way to help reduce stress, improve concentration, lower blood pressure and reduce anxiety and depression. Whether it’s first thing in the morning or before you go to bed at night, taking 10-20 minutes out of your day to simply breathe, refocus and promote positive thinking. Classes such as Yoga and Pilates are also a great way to relax the mind and body.
- Taking part in hobbies are a great way to use your free time. Whether it’s crafts, music or even extreme sports, having a hobby not only gives you a great sense of accomplishment, but it’s also a great way to meet new friends and keep your mind occupied, especially during these uncertain times.
If you’d like to learn more about fitness classes with Pendle Leisure Trust, click here.
To get our latest news updates, plus upcoming offers and entertainment straight to our inbox each month, subscribe to our newsletter online -click here.