Swimming Lessons Policy
Our aim is to help your child learn the skills of swimming by introducing a progressive swimming programme which will provide a constant challenge. Good quality teaching by our qualified staff will help your child reach the standard set by the Amateur Swimming Teachers Association.
- Wherever possible, we will aim to keep the same swimming teachers per lesson group throughout the year. However, in set circumstances there may be occasions where this is not possible. Pendle Leisure Trust would like to maintain that if this is the case, then your child’s progression will not be hindered. Any temporary swimming teachers will be notified of your child’s current stage of swimming, and therefore will ensure that their lessons continue as normal.
Forewarning of medical issues:
- Any medical problems concerning your child must be reported to your swimming teach or at Reception prior to any and all swimming lessons.
- As part of Pendle Leisure Trust’s swimming courses, children are set clear objectives in order to measure their progression. Certificates and badges can be purchased from Reception but only once your child has reached a designated standard.
- Payments are due on the 8th and 9th week of the 10 week course – ensuring a space on the next course.
- Each child is entitled to two weeks holiday during the school summer holidays, Bank Holidays and over the Christmas period (when lessons will not take place). Notification of any swimming lesson absence must be passed on with written confirmation.
- Pendle Leisure Trust reserves the right to withhold the full figure of a course, thus no refunds will be given during the course for any absence.
- Refunds may be appealed for long term sickness on a case by case basis.
- Pendle Leisure Trust maintains a high importance on the safety and welfare of all children visiting all of our facilities.
- All children under the age of eight must be accompanied in the water by someone aged 16 or over (unless receiving instruction from a swimming teacher).
- All children under eight years of age will not be permitted entrance to any of our facilities without the supervision of an adult (aged 16 years and over).
- Parents and guardians of those aged under eight are not permitted to leave the facility of our centre throughout the duration of their child’s visit.
- Changing must take place in the centre’s designated changing facilities and no other area.
- Parents and guardians are free to spectate their child’s swimming lesson/session.
- Reduced rates are available for all parents/guardians wanting to swim whilst their child is having a lesson – please contact reception for further details.
Pendle Leisure Trust operates Take The Plunge, an initiative aimed at offering discounted swimming sessions for all the family. Please ask at reception for more information.