Pool Admission Policy
All of Pendle Leisure Trust’s facilities operate to a high-standard of health and safety ensuring that your visit with us is the best it can be.to help you enjoy using our pool facilities, please follow the guidelines listed below:
- All children under the age of 8 must be supervised by an adult aged 16 years or over. They must be in the water and be in full eye contact of their children at all times. Adults are responsible for their children's behaviour at all times. Each adult may supervise up to a maximum of two children at any one time
- It is recommended that swimmers use the shower facilities before entering the pool
- Long hair must be tied back or a swimming cap worn
- Appropriate swimwear (please refer to our swimwear policy) must be worn at all times and changing facilities must be used. DO NOT change your children on poolside
- It is recommended that children who are still in nappies wear a suitable swim nappy whilst in the water
- Never swim while under the effect of alcohol, drugs or after a heavy meal
- In the interest of safety, lifeguards must be informed of any user who suffers from a known illness or condition which may impair their swimming ability
- It is recommended that if you are recovering from a stomach illness, you do not swim for at least 14 days
- All non-swimmers are advised to wear appropriate floatation aids, such as armbands, and make sure you know the depth of the water and where it becomes deeper
- Be careful swimming around children and non-swimmers. If you see someone in difficulty, inform a lifeguard
- Stay safe by behaving sensibly - no running, ducking bombing or acrobatics. Shouting, screaming and unruly behaviour around the pool can be dangerous. This includes the use inflatable balls and toys
- Pendle Leisure Trust has installed free Wi-Fi at our facilities for you to use and enjoy. We hope you take advantage of this and connect each time you visit!
But we respectfully ask that you refrain from using your device to film and take pictures whilst you are enjoying the facilities.
We do have a policy for taking pictures and videos and if you would like further information on this, please speak to one of our Managers who will be happy to help you.
- We sell goggles, armbands, caps and other swimming items in Reception